Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie does't recognize some of my photos

I'm trying to make a video of my art for the entire year. I just made a video from all my art for December and it worked fine. I've been making videos monthly all year - no problem.

So I made an album and included all my pieces of art (263 photos) for the year. When I go into iMovie to create my movie - I can see the entire album (well 258 of the 263 for some odd reason) but when I select all and try to move them into the movie it only allows me to include a few of the photos and when I try to include some photos individually (mostly earlier from the year) I get a little white circle with a line through it.

I checked and the photos are jpg. I tried putting iMovie into the trash (not deleting) and downloading a new version. I tried restarting my computer holding down the command, option and shift keys (as suggested in another thread). I just can't seem to get my photos into my movie.

So what should I do now?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 8:44 PM

Open iMovie in a new blank library. Create your project there and see if you can import all of your photos.

You can create a new library by opening iMovie while holding down the Option key and selecting to create a new library in the box that appears.

— Rich

Similar questions

3 replies

iMovie does't recognize some of my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.