my Imovie doesn't work right

First of when I try to enter my pictures in the movie in a block they continue to come in at the wrong order so instead of from old to new the come in from new to old so since I want the movie to start with the oldest pictures and then end with the newest pictures I have to add one picture at the time, that can take a long time.

At the same time some of the pictures are fine when I see them in the movie library but when I try to add them to the movie they go all black.

I'm using MacOS monterey version 12.6.8

I don't know what happened I used to have a lot of fun making movies of our family pictures but it just isn't that much fun any more. I hope someone can help me.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 5:36 PM

In the project media browser, try clicking on View/Sort Clips by/Descending. Then drag them as a batch into the timeline. See if they preserve the order. If they are in the reverse order, delete them from the timeline and sort them by Ascending order in the project media browser and drag them in to the timeline as a batch again.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 5:36 PM in response to Th1Dan1sh

In the project media browser, try clicking on View/Sort Clips by/Descending. Then drag them as a batch into the timeline. See if they preserve the order. If they are in the reverse order, delete them from the timeline and sort them by Ascending order in the project media browser and drag them in to the timeline as a batch again.

-- Rich

my Imovie doesn't work right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.