Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to make a movie using photos from the photos program on my computer. I have the 61 photos saved into an album in Photos. When I open iMovie to start making a movie, only one photo is showing in the album. Please help. Thanks!

Hi! I am trying to make a movie using photos from the photos program on my computer. I have the 61 photos saved into an album in Photos. When I open iMovie to start making a movie, only one photo is showing in the album.

I have restarted my computer hoping it would kickstart the program into picking up all the photos, but they are still not showing.

Please help. Thanks!

MacBook, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 10:58 PM

Hi, zipathome,

Try deleting preferences to see if that re-establishes the link.

To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete

preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if iMovie will recognize all of the photos in your album. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can open your Photos library side by side with iMovie, and drag into iMovie the photos and videos that you want to use in the project.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2022 10:58 PM in response to zipathome

Hi, zipathome,

Try deleting preferences to see if that re-establishes the link.

To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete

preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if iMovie will recognize all of the photos in your album. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can open your Photos library side by side with iMovie, and drag into iMovie the photos and videos that you want to use in the project.

-- Rich

I am trying to make a movie using photos from the photos program on my computer. I have the 61 photos saved into an album in Photos. When I open iMovie to start making a movie, only one photo is showing in the album. Please help. Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.