Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am trying to upload both photos and videos to IMovie. Photos and videos both show up but the videos do not play as videos, they play as pictures. Help please

i am trying to upload both photos and videos to IMovie. Photos and videos both show up but the videos do not play as videos, they play as pictures. Help please?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 3:08 PM

Hi,

What steps are you taking to download the videos, and where are the photos located? If you import them from your systems photos app library from the Photos item in the iMovie media sidebar they should come in as videos. Your Photos app library would need to be designated as the system photo library in the Photos app general preferences.

If that doesn't work, export the vids from your Photos app library (do a File/Export as original, not drag) to your desktop and then then drag the exported vids into the timeline of an iMovie project.

-- Rich

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 3:08 PM in response to crfrederick91

Hi,

What steps are you taking to download the videos, and where are the photos located? If you import them from your systems photos app library from the Photos item in the iMovie media sidebar they should come in as videos. Your Photos app library would need to be designated as the system photo library in the Photos app general preferences.

If that doesn't work, export the vids from your Photos app library (do a File/Export as original, not drag) to your desktop and then then drag the exported vids into the timeline of an iMovie project.

-- Rich

Mar 21, 2022 10:38 AM in response to crfrederick91

I have been working on a movie in imovie on my ipad. I have been using videos I downloaded from icloud. Everything was going great until yesterday, one of the picture in picture video overlays no longer works. The first frame of the video shows in the bar and the rest of the video is darkened. The video no longer shows up on top of my slide.

This video was saved on icloud. Now, I cannot download other videos from icloud to use in imovie.

I also cannot access the help feature document anymore.

It seems I am having an icloud issue.

Please advise.

Thank you!

i am trying to upload both photos and videos to IMovie. Photos and videos both show up but the videos do not play as videos, they play as pictures. Help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.