Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Chrome not working

The latest version of chrome which is made for intel chip is not working on my device. Whenever I open chrome and try to open any website, the page cannot be loaded and shows the message "This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy "

I tried reinstalling the software several times and restarted my device too but the problem still persists.

However, Safari and Mozilla Firefox is working fine.

I am using a 2019 MacBook Air .

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 8:41 PM

Hi Kalpapran,

First thing to do would be to turn you Mac off then on again. If this doesn't resolve the issue you may have a proxy turned on in your system. Head over to Settings > Network > Advanced > Proxies. Check 'Automatic Proxy Configuration' and ensure that nothing else is checked. Then press 'OK'.

If this still doesn't fixes the issue then consider clearing your cache and cookies on chrome.

If you are still having issues then this may be a problem on Google's end. Maybe check out Google's support page, or more specifically the Fix Connection Errors page.

If you are still unable to fix the problem send back a reply and we will see if we can help you further.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 8:41 PM in response to kalpapran

Hi Kalpapran,

First thing to do would be to turn you Mac off then on again. If this doesn't resolve the issue you may have a proxy turned on in your system. Head over to Settings > Network > Advanced > Proxies. Check 'Automatic Proxy Configuration' and ensure that nothing else is checked. Then press 'OK'.

If this still doesn't fixes the issue then consider clearing your cache and cookies on chrome.

If you are still having issues then this may be a problem on Google's end. Maybe check out Google's support page, or more specifically the Fix Connection Errors page.

If you are still unable to fix the problem send back a reply and we will see if we can help you further.

Best Regards.

Google Chrome not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.