You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Typograph-Classic not showing day of the week

I've noticed that in the Typograph watch face if you choose the "II" dial (1 through 12 numerals) then choose "classic" for the style, then the calendar complication will only show the day and not the day of the week although it used to show it before. Im wondering if this is an update modification or if there's a glitch on the watch. I already turned it on and off multime times. (edit): i've noticed that ever since the update there were tweaks to the apple watch dial designs for example, a different design on the AQI icon but those new modifications aren't reflected on the "Watch" app, you can still see the old designs there but once you click "set as watch face" it shows the new designs. That being said date and day of the week can still be seen on the Watch app if you choose typograph-classic but personally not on the watch itself.

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 8:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 1:43 AM

Cant delete this post but i found the answer so here it is if its helpful to anybody: It sometimes takes watchfaces a generous time to "fully load" but eventually it works fully. Same thing can happen with the "count up" watchface", sometimes it wont properly work until you let it set for a while after adding it to your watch.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2020 1:43 AM in response to fer177

Cant delete this post but i found the answer so here it is if its helpful to anybody: It sometimes takes watchfaces a generous time to "fully load" but eventually it works fully. Same thing can happen with the "count up" watchface", sometimes it wont properly work until you let it set for a while after adding it to your watch.

Apple Watch Typograph-Classic not showing day of the week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.