Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Timers - Recent Timers appearing on top vs. pre-set dials

I use the timers on my Apple Watch (Series 5) multiple times per day. I have Timers set as a complication on my watch face to give me quick access. For the longest time, when I would tap the timer complication, it would show me 4 watch dials, each with one of the pre-set timer durations (1-min, 3-min,5-min, and 10-min) and I could then scroll down for another 4 pre-set times, and then a list of the recently used timers.

For some reason, this view has flipped, so when I tap the timer complication, I see the recently used timers and then get to the pre-set dials as I scroll. Maybe it's user preference, maybe it's just easier to tap the watch face then the smaller options for the recently used timers, but I like having the pre-set options as the first thing I see.

I've searched and can't find an answer. I un-paired my watch, reset it to the factory default and re-paired it with my iPhone. For a moment, the dials were back at the top of the timer, but as soon as I had made a few uses of the timer, the 'recently used' options were back on top. Is there any way to have the pre-set timers stay on the top?

Thank you,

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 7:22 AM

I believe this switch happened with a recent watchOS update.

2 replies

Apple Watch Timers - Recent Timers appearing on top vs. pre-set dials

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.