Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom timer no longer appears

My wife’s Apple Watch series 4 is no longer showing the orange “Custom” button at the top of the Timers app. It’s just gone, showing only the recents list and the various circle options below that. Timers can’t be removed and reinstalled so I’m not sure how to help her resolve this.

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Jun 2, 2022 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 6:36 PM

If needed:

"Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap  to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch."

from the article:

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch – Apple Support (AU)

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2022 6:36 PM in response to Adwiz

If needed:

"Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap  to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch."

from the article:

Remove built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 10 device or Apple Watch – Apple Support (AU)

Jun 4, 2022 6:06 PM in response to Adwiz

Seems things are a little different from previous Watch OS versions, in Watch OS 8

1. Open the Timer app
  2. Scroll to the top of the screen, then tap Custom.
  3. Tap hours, minutes, or seconds; turn the Digital Crown to adjust.
  4. Tap Start.

OR

"To quickly start a timer, tap a duration (like 1, 3, or 5 minutes)

or

tap a timer you’ve recently used below Recents.

To create a custom timer, swipe down, then tap Custom".

To delete a running or paused timer that appears on the Timers screen, swipe left, then tap X.

Jun 4, 2022 5:39 PM in response to brbo

We’ve tried that. Swiping down does nothing. All we see is “Recents” with a couple of recent timers shown, then the clocks. That’s it. Swiping up or down does nothing. We can’t remove the recents. Tapping a recent starts the timer which we can then stop and remove by swiping left. But there’s no way to see the Custom button to set new timers.

Jun 4, 2022 6:13 PM in response to brbo

I appreciate the replies but I have said numerous times that there is no longer a Custom button. My watch has one. My wife’s watch used to show the orange custom button. It no longer appears. Not sure how many times I have to repeat that, but this is the reason for my inquiry.

Custom timer no longer appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.