Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone music

I have many songs on my IPhone due to a long time subscription but have just upgraded & I’ve been told it includes Apple Music.I’m worried that if I cancel my subscription I will lose all my music? Can you advise at all?Thanks

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 4:34 PM

Fegent45,

Thanks for posting who your provider is so we could help you locate more information. We were able to do a quick search and locate some information from EE directly. You can find more information about Apple Music as a Smart Benefit here: Smart Benefits on EE. There are some FAQs on that page that answer your questions.

Regarding your question pertaining to missing music, "Need help?" at Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music has some information that can shed some light. Specifically, "If you sign out of your Apple ID or cancel your Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you won’t be able to access and sync your music library on all of your devices. The original song files will remain on the device that they were uploaded from." It's important to note, that if you turn off Sync Library, then change your subscription, any songs that were downloaded for offline listening will need to be downloaded again.

We wish you the best!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 4:34 PM in response to Fegent45

Fegent45,

Thanks for posting who your provider is so we could help you locate more information. We were able to do a quick search and locate some information from EE directly. You can find more information about Apple Music as a Smart Benefit here: Smart Benefits on EE. There are some FAQs on that page that answer your questions.

Regarding your question pertaining to missing music, "Need help?" at Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music has some information that can shed some light. Specifically, "If you sign out of your Apple ID or cancel your Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription, you won’t be able to access and sync your music library on all of your devices. The original song files will remain on the device that they were uploaded from." It's important to note, that if you turn off Sync Library, then change your subscription, any songs that were downloaded for offline listening will need to be downloaded again.

We wish you the best!

Jan 2, 2021 2:05 PM in response to Fegent45

Hello Fegent45,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It looks like no one has responded to your post yet. Here are a couple of things that might help others answer your question:

• Do you currently subscribe to Apple Music? 
  • What changes are you making to your account that lead you to believe that the music will come up missing? 
  • Are you making any changes to the Apple ID that is linked to your device? If so, what type of changes? 

Once more details are posted, others in the Apple Support Communities may be able to offer further assistance.

Cheers!

Jan 3, 2021 9:42 AM in response to genieen16

Yes,I have a long time subscription to Apple music & the change is I’ve upgraded my phone & tariff which apparently includes another subscription to Apple Music.I’m worried if I cancel my original subscription my music I have now will disappear?( which is over 3 thousand songs), hope this clarifies my position.Thanks

Jan 5, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Fegent45

Fegent45,

It looks like you are being offered an Apple Music subscription, but you already have one going. To clarify, is it a free trial you are being offered? If so, it may not qualify with an existing subscription. Canceling the subscription may result in data/music loss. Who is offering the free Apple Music to you? Have you reached out to them directly to see if there are terms/conditions that require a new Apple Music membership?

Also, you can Get Support from Apple directly. They may be able to offer further advice on how to enroll this free subscription into your current plan.

Best regards!

iPhone music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.