Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old phone

I have my old iPhone 6s I was setting up for a friend to use; I put my info in Apple ID because it was all factory reset. So I havnt given it to them yet, when I was in my Apple ID I seen it had this device under my devices. When I was looking at info I noticed that it gave a number for it and it wasn’t activated yet. I try to call number and it is a friends number. How is this is that number the last number used on this phone.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 8:17 AM

If you log into your Apple ID using the link below, does the number show there?

Apple ID - Manage    

If you are setting it up for someone else to use, I suggest you don't put your ID on the phone. That will give the person access to all your account information. Let them use their own Apple ID. To properly set it up for someone else to. use, follow the steps in the article below.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 8:17 AM in response to Mikell985

If you log into your Apple ID using the link below, does the number show there?

Apple ID - Manage    

If you are setting it up for someone else to use, I suggest you don't put your ID on the phone. That will give the person access to all your account information. Let them use their own Apple ID. To properly set it up for someone else to. use, follow the steps in the article below.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

Old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.