Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deceptive site ahead warning

I accidentally clicked on a link tagged me on Facebook open with CHROME, and CHROME show me a red screen showing "deceptive site ahead warning", will my iMac infected or any dangerous caused? Thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 11:01 AM

The worst you might get is some malware. That is not dangerous and easily removed with the Malwarebytes app. It's best to avoid sites you are not familiar with. Do not download files from unknown sites as they may often contain malware. What these messages often mean is that although you clicked on one link, you are being directed to another link. It's saying to proceed with discretion.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 11:01 AM in response to Miilun

The worst you might get is some malware. That is not dangerous and easily removed with the Malwarebytes app. It's best to avoid sites you are not familiar with. Do not download files from unknown sites as they may often contain malware. What these messages often mean is that although you clicked on one link, you are being directed to another link. It's saying to proceed with discretion.

deceptive site ahead warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.