Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can MacBook Air get Malware from Pinterest website?

Hey there, today I was on Pinterest looking for a wallpaper for my MacBook when I found one wallpaper and I clicked on the picture so I can zoom in and screen shot it. After I clicked the picture it took me to a site called for7fun.wixsite.com/777 or something like that. The site was secure with the Https. It didn’t look suspicious or anything, it was to make your wallpaper. After it redirected me to that site I instantly closed out of it and cleared my safari history on the MacBook. I didn’t download anything from it or do anything on the website because I was too scared to. Is my MacBook Air safe from Malware/adware/viruses/Trojans even tho this happened? I might be just paranoid but still I want to be 100% safe. The website even prompted its app called WIX on the App Store so it doesn’t sound that suspicious right? Please someone tell me My Mac is safe from Malware/adware/virues/Trojan so that I can stop stressing haha. By the way I’m supper careful when it comes to security and the MacBook is new and I haven’t downloaded anything on it at all yet. I should be safe or not?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 3:46 AM

Malwarebytes is often recommended on this forum. If you get it from the link I sent you, you can be sure it’s save. If you want, you can remove malwarebytes afterwards again: it has it’s own uninstaller (help menu).

You were redirected to another website, I can’t tell you if it’s a reliable one, but as you didn’t download anything, you’ll probably don’t have to worry. In the future: only download apps from the AppStore or from a known and trusted developer’s website.

Have a nice day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 3:46 AM in response to fara208

Malwarebytes is often recommended on this forum. If you get it from the link I sent you, you can be sure it’s save. If you want, you can remove malwarebytes afterwards again: it has it’s own uninstaller (help menu).

You were redirected to another website, I can’t tell you if it’s a reliable one, but as you didn’t download anything, you’ll probably don’t have to worry. In the future: only download apps from the AppStore or from a known and trusted developer’s website.

Have a nice day.

Can MacBook Air get Malware from Pinterest website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.