Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MaleWare Scam?

I was downloading a minecraft texture pack when I mis clicked on a random website! I it said that I got malware on my Mac I checked my notifications which was getting spammed about a malware and it was from settings but it only has the settings picture/logo and didn’t have a name so I just removed all my websites from sending notifications besides chess.com and Instagram. I was wondering if I did get malware on my Mac Air or is it just a scam?

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 2:36 AM

sure it's a scam even if you had malware on your device then a random website would never had that type of access to your computer to detect malware

if you're worried then you can download the free malwarebytes and run a scan

or the free etrecheck and scan with that one

website popups can claim any crazy thing like there are interested female singles in your area or the likes...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 2:36 AM in response to GalaxyK__

sure it's a scam even if you had malware on your device then a random website would never had that type of access to your computer to detect malware

if you're worried then you can download the free malwarebytes and run a scan

or the free etrecheck and scan with that one

website popups can claim any crazy thing like there are interested female singles in your area or the likes...

MaleWare Scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.