Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display

NOOB ALERT!

Hello community, ive had my new Mac since xmas day and running on big sur. im trying to stop the display from sleeping on its own. my screensaver is set to kick in after a minute which it does.

after another minute or so the display locks me out and I log back in.

I know its not a huge problem but its bugging me. ive done some research and I get the same answer. >system pref then >energysaver(lightbulb) but there's no lightbulb in my settings..

any ideas please

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 11:28 AM

Hello D3ean000,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to stop your display from sleeping on it's own but don't see the Energy Saver icon in your settings. This is because Mac notebooks like your MacBook Pro have these settings under Battery not Energy Saver. This article has additional information under the heading, "Select other energy-saving options", that you may find helpful:

Save energy on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 11:28 AM in response to D3ean000

Hello D3ean000,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to stop your display from sleeping on it's own but don't see the Energy Saver icon in your settings. This is because Mac notebooks like your MacBook Pro have these settings under Battery not Energy Saver. This article has additional information under the heading, "Select other energy-saving options", that you may find helpful:

Save energy on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.