Can't get my Mac Pro to sleep in OS 13

I have been searching online for hours. I'm coming here as a last resort. I don't know why this is so hard. It used to be easy.

I have learned that many people think their Mac is sleeping when it's NOT. When you do various sleep settings with OS 13, they primarily deal with the Display, not the Mac Pro. Even following Apple's guidelines and procedures, they talk about the Display. My UPS has Watt meter on it. I can tell at a glance if the Mac Pro has really gone to sleep. The only way I can get the Mac Pro to go to sleep, is to do it manually.

For some strange reason, it appears that the key setting is found under "Displays" > Advanced. There I have found a switch "Prevent automatic sleeping, when display is off". I have this turned off. Nevertheless, I can tell by my Watt meter that my Mac does not go to sleep.

I had no difficulties with sleep in (the vastly superior) earlier versions of Settings.

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 7:53 PM

Open your Mac Pro’s Activity Monitor, click on the Energy tab, click on the Preventing Sleep Column, look to see what Process is or what Processes are preventing computer sleep.

Activity Monitor User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 26, 2023 6:30 AM in response to Ziatron

Ziatron wrote:

Thanks for helping.

You're welcome.

I did that, everything says "No" there are a few "-". But ZERO, "Yes"s.

Thanks for checking that.

I had no difficulties with sleep in (the vastly superior) earlier versions of Settings.

If it started after the latest macOS update? Then that would suggest that the latest update have a flaw or issue and your best bet is to contact Apple Support for assistances and report the issue.

Official Apple Support

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Feedback - Mac Pro - Apple

Can't get my Mac Pro to sleep in OS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.