Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k HD not working.

Hello,

I recently got an Apple TV 4k HD with a siri remote, and I can't get the remote to work to even set it up. I've charged the remote for several hours and still nothing. The only thing I can do with my remote is restart the Apple TV. It turns off, blinks, comes back on and I'm still stuck with a useless remote. I've tried the paring method Apple suggests(hold menu and volume up buttons for 5 sec 3 in. away), still nothing. I've unplugged it from the wall and unit and plugged it back in. The Apple TV is stuck on the "Data & Privacy" page with the options "Continue" and "Learn More" and I'd really just like to continue. After a while it goes into screensaver mode so know its not frozen on one screen. If any of you have had a similar problem and have some insight that would be wonderful!

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 7:08 PM

New users of the Siri Remote may want to learn a not-so-obvious gesture: the touch surface is not only used to swipe directionally, but is also clickable. Press-to-click the center of the touch surface to confirm a selection, e.g. to Continue.

Use your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote with your Apple TV - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 7:08 PM in response to wjensen11

New users of the Siri Remote may want to learn a not-so-obvious gesture: the touch surface is not only used to swipe directionally, but is also clickable. Press-to-click the center of the touch surface to confirm a selection, e.g. to Continue.

Use your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Apple TV 4k HD not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.