Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Not Working Properly

I have a 64GB Apple TV (the latest model) and the remote is not working properly. Whenever I turn the Apple TV on with the remote the only buttons the Apple TV responds to are the clickpad and d-pad. The Apple TV doesn't respond to any of the other buttons including the power button. However, if I unplug the unit and plug it back in the remote works perfectly. Un-pairing and re-pairing doesn't change the situation. I bought this unit shortly after it was available and initially the remote worked fine. I can't say with certainty when this began but it may have started after one of the TVos 15 updates. We are currently on 15.3. I purchased a new remote and the same issue occurred.

What do you suggest I do to diagnose and correct this issue? Thanks.

Apple TV 4K, 15

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 11:21 AM

Please click If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 8, 2022 11:31 AM in response to rkaufmann87

rkaufmann87

Thanks for this suggestion and I had not performed the disconnect step before reading the instructions. Afterwards it worked better but eventually the aberrant behavior returned. Just moment ago I powered up the Apple TV with the Siri remote, then powered on the receiver and TV with their remotes, and the only buttons on the Siri remote that worked were the clickpad and D-pad. Unplugging and re-plugging in the Apple TV returned everything to normal.

Remote Not Working Properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.