Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k new remote control

Today my apple tv remote started sending out a constant IR signal that jammed up my tv. Sony TV shows constant input when apple tv remote is pointed in it's direction causing the tv's native remote to register mute/unmute with any button pressed. Point the Apple remote away from the tv and everything is fine. Very frustrating as I initially thought it was a tv issue and after hours of resetting/troubleshooting with Sony I finally stumbled upon this apple tv remote culprit. Almost bought another tv. I had high hopes that the new design apple remote would be awesome but after over a year use its terrible- bad tactile feel, hard press (clunky) button feel, bad layout (why is the play pause in the middle of two similar shape buttons), and occasional unintended run away scroll when lifting a finger from wheel after pressing left or right. Writing this to warn others to not trash their tv if they have this issue, instead trash your apple tv remote!

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 7:18 PM

Understanding that you're not fond of the new design, did you get the ATV4K remote reset / re-paired and working?

If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply

Apple TV 4k new remote control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.