Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music is in US region but the family sharing part and my whole phone is in Aus

how do I get my Apple Music back to Australian because I switched it when a pop up asked to change to the US version but now when I try to do it again the same way it won’t give me the option to switch. I can’t download any new songs and add them to library because it tells me my Apple ID only works in Australia. I don’t know how to switch it back.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 2:10 AM

Are you sure you haven't changed your Apple ID to the US region, making the local Apple Music incompatible? Check that first.

Settings > [Your Name]/Apple ID > Media and Purchases > View Account > Country/Region

One solution I saw in another post was to sign out of Media and Purchases then sign back in.

If that fails go to the source and get in touch with the local Apple Support team. You can start contact with them here then choose Music > Get Support > Membership and Billing. Click continue at the next screen and beyond that you can schedule a call, chat or email your problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 2:10 AM in response to Nat_1620

Are you sure you haven't changed your Apple ID to the US region, making the local Apple Music incompatible? Check that first.

Settings > [Your Name]/Apple ID > Media and Purchases > View Account > Country/Region

One solution I saw in another post was to sign out of Media and Purchases then sign back in.

If that fails go to the source and get in touch with the local Apple Support team. You can start contact with them here then choose Music > Get Support > Membership and Billing. Click continue at the next screen and beyond that you can schedule a call, chat or email your problem.

Apple Music is in US region but the family sharing part and my whole phone is in Aus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.