Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 6 burning wrist

Apple 6 burning wrist. I wore an Apple 5 watch for a year without problem, then upgraded to a 6 a couple of weeks ago to take advantage of the O2 sensor. This morning I have a circular burn from the watch case.

From what I have read, I believe the 5 and 6 series are made from the same materials, so I don't believe it is an allergy. Could this be related to the O2 sensor? Should I turn the sensor off? If so, how do I do that? If I can't use the sensor, can I exchange the series 6 back again for the series 5?

As an aside, I owe a lot to my previous watch. It woke me in the night to alert me of tachycardia, then of afib. A couple of days later I ended up in ER with Afib. Based on the watch data, they decided it was too risky to do a cardioversion and treated me with meds first to avoid the risk of stroke. Had it not been monitoring me while I slept, I would not have known there was a history. I am very grateful.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 1:40 PM

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your Watch. We recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support

4 replies

Jan 4, 2021 3:55 PM in response to meinBC

Thank you for the input. I contacted support, sent pictures, and they are replacing the watch for me.

They were very accommodating. I didn't want to be without it, because it has been very useful in alerting me to heart arrhythmia, so they agreed to send me a replacement, and I will return the defective one on receipt.

Apple 6 burning wrist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.