Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the MAX safe power input for M1 MacBookPro?

I'm shopping for a high quality Thunderbolt3 dock for an M1 MacBookPro. The computer comes with a 61W power adapter. Some of the docks output 85W to the computer. How would that work? Would it overpower the computer? Would it just charge faster? Would the computer just take the 61W and ignore the high wattage possibility? Would I fry my computer? Help?

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:20 AM

David Sussman wrote:

I'm shopping for a high quality Thunderbolt3 dock for an M1 MacBookPro. The computer comes with a 61W power adapter. Some of the docks output 85W to the computer. How would that work? Would it overpower the computer? Would it just charge faster? Would the computer just take the 61W and ignore the high wattage possibility? Would I fry my computer? Help?

The computer will regulate the power input. This should not be an issue.

Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201700

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 10:20 AM in response to David Sussman

David Sussman wrote:

The computer will regulate the power input. This should not be an issue.

Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201700

What is the MAX safe power input for M1 MacBookPro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.