Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to connect my iphone to my new MacBook Pro for back up, but what cable to I need to do this?

How do I connect my iphone to my new MacBook Pro for back up? What new cable can I use?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 7:32 AM

Hi Running1XTV,

It looks like you're trying to find a cable to connect your iPhone to your new MacBook Pro to back up your device. Making sure your data is backed up is important. We'd be happy to help.

To connect your iPhone to your new Mac you will need a USB-C to Lightning cable as shown below.

USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m)

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 7:32 AM in response to Running1XTV

Hi Running1XTV,

It looks like you're trying to find a cable to connect your iPhone to your new MacBook Pro to back up your device. Making sure your data is backed up is important. We'd be happy to help.

To connect your iPhone to your new Mac you will need a USB-C to Lightning cable as shown below.

USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m)

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

I want to connect my iphone to my new MacBook Pro for back up, but what cable to I need to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.