How do I back up my iPhone 13 promax to my laptop

I am trying to back up my iPhone 13 promax to my 2013 Mac air laptop

how??

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2023 8:39 AM

BingBinns wrote:

my iPhone is not recognized in finder…when I first tried plugging in my iPhone to my laptop, Apple said it needed to download a file to connect, so I downloaded the file and finder still doesn’t recognize my iphone

There’s no separate manually-triggered download, that particular update happens in the background and either updates existing or adds new devices to those devices that Finder recognizes.

Or that update seemingly doesn’t happen, here.

Update macOS, connect the cable directly to the Mac and not via a hub or dock, restart macOS, and try again.

Here is what Apple suggests doing: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2023 8:39 AM in response to BingBinns

BingBinns wrote:

my iPhone is not recognized in finder…when I first tried plugging in my iPhone to my laptop, Apple said it needed to download a file to connect, so I downloaded the file and finder still doesn’t recognize my iphone

There’s no separate manually-triggered download, that particular update happens in the background and either updates existing or adds new devices to those devices that Finder recognizes.

Or that update seemingly doesn’t happen, here.

Update macOS, connect the cable directly to the Mac and not via a hub or dock, restart macOS, and try again.

Here is what Apple suggests doing: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How do I back up my iPhone 13 promax to my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.