Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer data & apps to a new device after skipping iCloud transfer

I set up my new iPhone without transferring any data and apps from old iPhone. Is there any way to do this after new phone is all set with my Apple ID? I’m using the same id from old phone.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 11:42 AM

If you have already set up your device, then...

You can still transfer these data.

• Photos & Videos --> Turn on iCloud Photos on old iPhone. Once synced use the same Apple ID on the new device. That's it.
  • Contacts --> Contacts are not stored on an iPhone nor on SIM, they are synced to  Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Upload all your contacts to any of the above email client server.
  • Any Specific Files --> Upload to Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud and Use Files app on iPhone
  • Apps --> In any way they have to be re-downloaded using the App Store. Use the same Apple ID that you had used on the old dev device and see the purchased and Not in Device section in the App Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 11:42 AM in response to elina132

If you have already set up your device, then...

You can still transfer these data.

• Photos & Videos --> Turn on iCloud Photos on old iPhone. Once synced use the same Apple ID on the new device. That's it.
  • Contacts --> Contacts are not stored on an iPhone nor on SIM, they are synced to  Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Upload all your contacts to any of the above email client server.
  • Any Specific Files --> Upload to Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud and Use Files app on iPhone
  • Apps --> In any way they have to be re-downloaded using the App Store. Use the same Apple ID that you had used on the old dev device and see the purchased and Not in Device section in the App Store.

Transfer data & apps to a new device after skipping iCloud transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.