Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1

Why doesn’t Apple update the target display mode page? At the retail store the seller informed me that I could use my old IMac (2011 late) to use with my new Mac Mini M1. This is not true. I was on the phone for 2 hours until someone finally knew that the new Mac Mini doesn’t work with target display mode. Extremely frustrating since it was my Dad’s Christmas gift and now he doesn’t have a monitor with his new gift. Not to mention driving 45 to an Apple store in a mall in a pandemic. Needs to be resolved.

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 12:01 AM

"Why doesn’t Apple update the target display mode page?"

It doesn't need updating. It already says that the new Mac mni can't use an iMac as a display.

Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

"You can connect any of these older iMac models to another Mac from 2019 or earlier for use as an external display."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 12:01 AM in response to Stevem411

"Why doesn’t Apple update the target display mode page?"

It doesn't need updating. It already says that the new Mac mni can't use an iMac as a display.

Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

"You can connect any of these older iMac models to another Mac from 2019 or earlier for use as an external display."

Mac Mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.