Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp video call issue

When I am video calling someone on Whatsapp and if I get another video call in between and let it ring out, I would be able to resume my previous video call but left half of my screen would be black and right half would be my image. If I disconnect the video and call back again, there won’t be a problem. Please share thoughts.

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:07 PM

Hello prmaria.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing some issues when using WhatsApp. Specifically, when you're on a video call and you receive a new incoming call, your display encounters an issue. If this is the case, we'd like to look into this issue with you.

First, we do recommend that you install any pending updates on your iPhone. Just in case, the following resources can help:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We also have this helpful resource you can review. You'll find recommended troubleshooting steps you can attempt with the WhatsApp application. Please check out the link below:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

Be sure to follow all the steps listed within.

We hope this information is useful. Best of luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 5:07 PM in response to prmaria

Hello prmaria.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing some issues when using WhatsApp. Specifically, when you're on a video call and you receive a new incoming call, your display encounters an issue. If this is the case, we'd like to look into this issue with you.

First, we do recommend that you install any pending updates on your iPhone. Just in case, the following resources can help:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We also have this helpful resource you can review. You'll find recommended troubleshooting steps you can attempt with the WhatsApp application. Please check out the link below:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

Be sure to follow all the steps listed within.

We hope this information is useful. Best of luck.

Whatsapp video call issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.