Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS WORD AND EXCEL NOT WORKING

I RECENTLY UPDATED M 2012 MODEL MAC BOOK PRO AND NOW MS WORD AND EXCEL NOT OPENING OR WORKING

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 1:19 AM

Can you tell us which macOS is running on your MacBook Pro at this time? I am assuming that you may be running macOS Catalina that you just updated to and MS Excel and MS Word is not working.

macOS Catalina and macOS Big Sur do not run 32-Bit applications. I suspect that you have an older version of MS Office apps and those apps are 32-Bit. What you will need to do is to get updated versions, 64-Bit, of those two apps from MS Office website. One you download and install those 64-Bit apps then you will not have issues running them on your 2012 MacBook pro.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 1:19 AM in response to sujathareddy4ever

Can you tell us which macOS is running on your MacBook Pro at this time? I am assuming that you may be running macOS Catalina that you just updated to and MS Excel and MS Word is not working.

macOS Catalina and macOS Big Sur do not run 32-Bit applications. I suspect that you have an older version of MS Office apps and those apps are 32-Bit. What you will need to do is to get updated versions, 64-Bit, of those two apps from MS Office website. One you download and install those 64-Bit apps then you will not have issues running them on your 2012 MacBook pro.

Axel F.

MS WORD AND EXCEL NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.