Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to roll back iCloud State Data for Game Center to a previous date?

I need to roll back Game Center state and all iCloud Game Center Data to a previous date. If my entire iCloud/Apple ID environment needs to get rolled back that's fine too.

Some critical Game Center data has been deleted and none of my devices are able to find it or restore it from iCloud.

I basically need the iCloud (Server) side environment of Game Center data to be rolled back to several days ago so all of that old GameCenter data will become accessible again.

Has anyone been able to do this or has anyone been able to have Apple Support do this?

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 8:57 AM

Yes restoring from the older backup worked. It restored all the save game data. What I did next was log out of Game Center, launch the game to make sure the data was there and selectable, then logged into Game Center so all the data would copy up.

That worked. I can open the game data on my Apple TV and play it so the data is not corrupt. There is some issue with the game not loading on an older iPad Pro 9.7 inch but that’s a separate issue for the game developer. I already did a dfu restore to try and fix it so it’s definitely something with the app that changed recently.

Anyway the issue with the data/Game Center restore is fixed per my description above.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 8:57 AM in response to zinacef

Yes restoring from the older backup worked. It restored all the save game data. What I did next was log out of Game Center, launch the game to make sure the data was there and selectable, then logged into Game Center so all the data would copy up.

That worked. I can open the game data on my Apple TV and play it so the data is not corrupt. There is some issue with the game not loading on an older iPad Pro 9.7 inch but that’s a separate issue for the game developer. I already did a dfu restore to try and fix it so it’s definitely something with the app that changed recently.

Anyway the issue with the data/Game Center restore is fixed per my description above.

Is there a way to roll back iCloud State Data for Game Center to a previous date?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.