Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update

I was trying to update a software upgrade of macOS Big Sur version but my MacBook is not not finishing the download. I have a good wifi connection and storage on the system too. Can anyone explain what to do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:47 PM

If the download does not complete:

• If it does leave what looks like a "complete" installer file in the /Applications folder, delete it, and try downloading it again.
  • If it does not leave an installer in the /Applications folder, it may leave an incomplete/corrupted installer in the /Library/Updates folder. To help locate the partial installer package, try using the following command in the Terminal app: 
    • lsof | grep <the installer filename>

If neither of the above is the case, try booting up your Mac in Safe Mode, and then, try updating your Mac again.

Ref:  Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 10:47 PM in response to akhil200

If the download does not complete:

• If it does leave what looks like a "complete" installer file in the /Applications folder, delete it, and try downloading it again.
  • If it does not leave an installer in the /Applications folder, it may leave an incomplete/corrupted installer in the /Library/Updates folder. To help locate the partial installer package, try using the following command in the Terminal app: 
    • lsof | grep <the installer filename>

If neither of the above is the case, try booting up your Mac in Safe Mode, and then, try updating your Mac again.

Ref:  Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.