Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not update new bigsur version

my MacBook pro currently has macOS big sur and I have noticed that there is a new update recommendation but I can not download and install it keep saying check internet connection bu my internet connection is OK because my other MacBook Air completed the installation without any problem

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 1:50 PM

Dear AnnieL2,

thanks for your helpful answer to my issue. I have tried a LAN ethernet connection to connect to internet it helped me to download and install the update. But I did not have any problem for my other mac which is a macbook air with the same wifi.

3 replies

Jun 25, 2021 12:55 PM in response to ATVarli

Greetings ATVarli, 

Let’s work to resolve the error you’re seeing when attempting to install the incremental macOS Big Sur update on your MacBook Pro. 

Are you encountering any other issues with the internet on your MacBook Pro? 

Please open System Preferences > Network and select the active network interface (i.e. Ethernet or Wi-Fi, depending on what is connected). Then click the 'Advanced' button. From there go to the Proxies tab and check if 'SOCKS Proxy' is enabled. Let us know. 

Also, you can attempt to install the update in safe mode and see if the same thing occurs. How to use safe mode on your Mac

Thanks. 

can not update new bigsur version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.