Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad 14.3 software update problem

Hello guys. I’ve been trying to update my iPad 5th generation to iPad os 14.3 but to no avail. It is very slow even though it is connected to a good network. It’s been a week I’ve been trying this . I resetted to my factory data, did through macOS iTunes update and even through windows but still my iPad is not getting updated. I don’t know what’s the issue then. Please any suggestions.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 9:51 AM

As your iPad is capable of being updated to a more recent version of iOS/iPadOS than is currently installed, these support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 9:51 AM in response to pallavi162

As your iPad is capable of being updated to a more recent version of iOS/iPadOS than is currently installed, these support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

Jan 2, 2021 6:44 AM in response to pallavi162

You might try changing your Automatic Update settings to Manual, then force restart your iPad.

Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates >

• Download iPadOS Updates - set to OFF
  • Install iPadOS Updates - set to OFF

Close the Settings App on the iPad, then:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After restart, attempt to manually install the update:

Settings > General > Software Update

IPad 14.3 software update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.