Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing text from any program (Pages, Preview, Safari..) is printed as blank space, after update to MacOS Big Sur

Hello,

I have just realized if I want to print any text from any program in my Mac (Pages, Preview, Safari etc.), it is printed as a blank page. Even if I change color, font, size etc. However, if I make a picture (in Gimp) from it, it is printed succesfully. Also any other pictures (even those which contains letters - such as scans etc.) can be printed as well.

All these problems occured right after I have updated my Mac to OS 11.1 Big Sur. I have tried to reset the printing system, checked font book but still nothing which is "text" can't be printed. I assume it is problem with the latest update because other computers can print with same printer without any problems.

Does anybody have any idea or same experience, how to solve this problem? Is there any MacOS driver which allows to print even text, not only pictures?

Thank you. This is wierd and annoying.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 12:11 PM

Problem solved.

Drivers for my printer have always been updated automatically after OS update. But not recetly. Old driver was no longer compatible with new MacOS Big Sur so I had to download new one.

My advice for people with similar problem - check the drivers after new OS update, because there is different driver that allows you to print pictures and different one that allows to print text. If one of them is older it will not work.

Unfortunately I realized this later than I wrote the post.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 12:11 PM in response to Kataker

Problem solved.

Drivers for my printer have always been updated automatically after OS update. But not recetly. Old driver was no longer compatible with new MacOS Big Sur so I had to download new one.

My advice for people with similar problem - check the drivers after new OS update, because there is different driver that allows you to print pictures and different one that allows to print text. If one of them is older it will not work.

Unfortunately I realized this later than I wrote the post.

Printing text from any program (Pages, Preview, Safari..) is printed as blank space, after update to MacOS Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.