Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod Mini and Sylvania Smart+ bulbs don't work at all

I recently installed 3 of the Sylvania Smart+ A19 RGB bulbs in my house. They connected to the Home app on my iphone just fine and seem to be working there as expected. I have them in two rooms (Living Room and a bedroom) and I also made sure they had the latest firmware on them. They do NOT work with the Homepod Mini at all. Everytime I try to have Siri control the lights I get a "Sorry, I didn't hear back from your devices" response. Doesn't matter if direct commands are used or a scene command - no control from the Homepod Mini. The lights are HomeKit labeled, they do work in the Home app on my phone, so why in the world can't my Homepod Mini control them? That was the one main reason I got these lights. Please advise. All Apple devices are updated.

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 11:17 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 2, 2021 2:56 PM in response to moonpost

I tested mine on Philips Hue lights- they work.

• If you have an app for these bulbs make sure Apple HomeKit is enabled, you can create custom commands in that as well.

• You might want to try rebooting the wifi modem and restarting the mini
  • Restart HomePod from the Home App: 

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Deep press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Jan 12, 2021 6:01 PM in response to moonpost

Having similar problems. HomePod mini doesn’t control them with verbal instruction. I can somewhat control them from my iPhone and iPad. Previously I was using my iPad as a hub and all worked fine. If I unplug the HomePod everything works perfectly. Minimal lag, no misses. I can’t recall if they worked with HomePod mini at one time or not. It’s certainly not working now.

Jan 14, 2021 12:02 AM in response to moonpost

I bought a Sylvania bulb as a low cost way of introducing myself to a smart home. It worked great and responds to my iPhone app as well as "Hey Siri" on the HomePod mini.

So naturally, I went and got another Sylvania bulb and paired it up and for some reason, it doesn't respond to "Hey Siri" yet the other one still does. So it's only loading half the light scenes. I reset it, updated everything, firmware included, and it just doesn't respond to vocal commands. I decided to go back to the store to get a replacement bulb thinking it could have just been faulty and I got the same exact result with the new bulb.

HomePod mini just responds with "Sorry, I tried to enable your scene but I didn't hear back from one of your devices." Incredibly annoying since the other one works perfect, including automation. I need to use the app if I want to get both to respond.

Homepod Mini and Sylvania Smart+ bulbs don't work at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.