Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV has clicking/popping sound while using Dolby Atmos

Have been binge watching great content on Apple tv, Netflix, and HBO and have been enjoying Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos via my Apple tv.. Late last night, a random, loud audio clicking/popping started to occur while watching netflix (the program we were watching was in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos). I jumped to an Apple TV movie, and it was the same problem. I went to my TVos settings, and disabled the Dolby Atmos feature. The popping sound stopped. I verified my TVos it is the most recent version (I do not know when Apple pushed this version)... Everything has been perfect until last night. Seeking others who may be experiencing this problem... Did it start with the new firmware push?

Seeking any help!

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 1:24 PM

3 replies

Jan 10, 2021 1:36 PM in response to melissa_m77

Hi Melissa,

We have been enjoying Dolby Atmos for a long while, so it’s not that we were incorrectly set up. My sound bar (LG) is fully Dolby Atmos capable and we have been enjoying great sound. It seems (now I’m speculating) that this random clicking and popping started around the time the firmware rollout occurred. There was definitely a “change”. I’m assuming that a factory reset means I lose all my apps and logins, correct?

Jan 4, 2021 2:49 PM in response to etc33

Hi etc33,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with using Dolby Atmos on your Apple TV. We'd like to help.

From what you've described, we'd first like to make sure that things are set up correctly for you to use Dolby Atmos successfully: Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV

Then, if everything is set up as expected, Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings can help you isolate this even more. After you set it up again, are you able to use Dolby Atmos as expected?

Let us know!

Jan 11, 2021 1:47 PM in response to etc33

Hi etc33,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

With a reset back to factory settings, you will need to reload your apps again. It's possible that your logins and passwords will be able to be recovered if they are currently saved in an iPhone or iPad. This resource can help. Specifically under the section "Automatically fill in a saved password from your iOS or iPadOS device"

Set up accounts for other content providers on Apple TV

If you have additional questions, Contact Apple Support would be the best next step.

Take care!

Apple TV has clicking/popping sound while using Dolby Atmos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.