Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to do multitasking while screen sharing on Zoom? On iPadOS 14.2 this feature is still missing.

I would like to share my iPad PRO screen while doing multitasking (i.e., 2 apps running on a split screen).

Zoom says Apple does not want to allow for this feature, do they had to disable it: https://www.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/j7gc2g/multitasking_while_screen_sharing_on_zoom_on/

However, this feature would really be beneficial to several customers.

I understand that Apple wants to simplify our life, especially in this Covid-19 pandemic. Would it be possible for them to allow for Zoom to activate this useful feature in the short run?

Thank you in advance.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 4:58 PM

Andrea9001 wrote:

I would like to share my iPad PRO screen while doing multitasking (i.e., 2 apps running on a split screen).

Zoom says Apple does not want to allow for this feature, do they had to disable it: https://www.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/j7gc2g/multitasking_while_screen_sharing_on_zoom_on/

I understand that Apple wants to simplify our life, especially in this Covid-19 pandemic. Would it be possible for them to allow for Zoom to activate this useful feature in the short run?

Thank you in advance.

Let Apple know here Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 4:58 PM in response to Andrea9001

Andrea9001 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Let Apple know here Product Feedback - Apple

Jan 2, 2021 6:10 PM in response to razmee209

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have just done what you suggested. Here is their automatic feedback:

Thank you for your feedback on the iPad.

We cannot respond to you personally, but please know that your message has been received and will be reviewed by the iPad Team. If we need to follow up with you on your ideas for improving the iPad, we will contact you directly.

We appreciate your assistance in making the iPad great.

iPad Team

Apple

As usual, both "Communities" and "Product Feedback" do not deliver an effective output. I am maturing the idea that Apple is moving towards a Microsoft-like model: a money making machine getting farther and farther from its customers.

During Covid-19 emergency, I was expecting more effective support to alleviate the burden of online working. I was wrong. Or, maybe, Apple is wrong.

How to do multitasking while screen sharing on Zoom? On iPadOS 14.2 this feature is still missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.