Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have spare storage in my phone but no storage in my icloud

I have spare storage in my phone but no storage in my icloud.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 7:17 AM

You can do that and you can turn off iCloud Photo Sync. Simply said, iCloud is not an archive. It is a syncing service. If you have iCloud Photo Sync turned on, when you delete a photo on your phone, it will delete from the cloud.

If you just want to keep your photos on your computer and not in iCloud, this link will explain how to do that --> Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

Once your photos are safely stored to your computer, on your phone you can then go to Settings > Your Name > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store. Then tap iCloud. Then turn off photos. Your photos will stay on your phone and no longer sync to iCloud.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 7:17 AM in response to virinder17

You can do that and you can turn off iCloud Photo Sync. Simply said, iCloud is not an archive. It is a syncing service. If you have iCloud Photo Sync turned on, when you delete a photo on your phone, it will delete from the cloud.

If you just want to keep your photos on your computer and not in iCloud, this link will explain how to do that --> Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

Once your photos are safely stored to your computer, on your phone you can then go to Settings > Your Name > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store. Then tap iCloud. Then turn off photos. Your photos will stay on your phone and no longer sync to iCloud.

I have spare storage in my phone but no storage in my icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.