Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading to os mojave

I want to upgrade high sierra to mojave on my macbook pro (mid 2012). I use this apple support site to access the mojave download (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683). the link for mojave download directs me to the apple apps store: https://apps.apple.com, where there is a link to the os mojave download. However, when I click on the download link, I get this message: copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.

Is apple going to fix the download corruption or are they intentionally preventing the downloading of mojave?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 1:58 AM

The error message is misleading, the App Store has detected a copy of the Install macOS Mojave in your Applications folder.

Locate it , move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable, restart your mac go to the Mojave downloads page on the App Store,

you will notice it now says Get or Download, not Open as it did before.

Download it, do not use your mac while it is downloading, and do not use any other devices that share the same

internet connection.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 1:58 AM in response to jmrsp

The error message is misleading, the App Store has detected a copy of the Install macOS Mojave in your Applications folder.

Locate it , move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable, restart your mac go to the Mojave downloads page on the App Store,

you will notice it now says Get or Download, not Open as it did before.

Download it, do not use your mac while it is downloading, and do not use any other devices that share the same

internet connection.

upgrading to os mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.