Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get rid of the blue triangles in numbers

Sometimes I am happy with a result in numbers even I get a "blue triangle" in the corresponding cell in the upper left corner. Is there a way to get rid of them or to hide them?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 6:47 AM

If the date is in A8, then try this to get the ISO week:

In English:

=INT((STRIPDURATION(A8−DATE(YEAR(A8−WEEKDAY(A8−1)+4),1,3))+WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A8−WEEKDAY(A8−1)+4),1,3))+5)/7)

I went to File > Advanced > Language and Region ... and switched to German.

In German I believe the formula is:

=GANZZAHL((KONVERTDAUER(A8−DATUM(JAHR(A8−WOCHENTAG(A8−1)+4);1;3))+WOCHENTAG(DATUM(JAHR(A8−WOCHENTAG(A8−1)+4);1;3))+5)/7)

That should get rid of your blue triangles.

Be sure to capture the entire formula above if you are copy-pasting. It scrolls out of sight to the right. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like in the formula editor.

SG

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 6:47 AM in response to ohi3000

If the date is in A8, then try this to get the ISO week:

In English:

=INT((STRIPDURATION(A8−DATE(YEAR(A8−WEEKDAY(A8−1)+4),1,3))+WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A8−WEEKDAY(A8−1)+4),1,3))+5)/7)

I went to File > Advanced > Language and Region ... and switched to German.

In German I believe the formula is:

=GANZZAHL((KONVERTDAUER(A8−DATUM(JAHR(A8−WOCHENTAG(A8−1)+4);1;3))+WOCHENTAG(DATUM(JAHR(A8−WOCHENTAG(A8−1)+4);1;3))+5)/7)

That should get rid of your blue triangles.

Be sure to capture the entire formula above if you are copy-pasting. It scrolls out of sight to the right. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like in the formula editor.

SG

Jan 3, 2021 2:18 AM in response to ohi3000

The blue triangles are "warning" triangles. They notify you that 'something' is not quite right with the data being supplied to the formula, but that the issue does not prevent the formula from calculating a correct result.

Clicking the triangle should open the warning message, and to make the triangle refrain from appearing with each change to the contents of the table. I've not seen one for a while, so I'm not sure if the triangle returns the next time the document is opened.

It is an automatic action, with no user control beyond what I've described above. Any change would have to come from the development team. You could request such a change by sending a feature enhancement request to Apple via the Feedback channel. Your nearest access point is the Provide Numbers Feedback menu item in the Numbers menu.

Regards,

Barry

Jan 3, 2021 6:11 AM in response to ohi3000

First of all, many thanks for you prompt reply.

What I am trying to do (typical begin of a year) is to include ISO-week numbers in a kind of calendar.

As far as I know numbers does not include the ISO system. Due to that, I placed a formula as an alternative here: GANZZAHL((A8−DATUM(JAHR(A8−WOCHENTAG(A8−1;2)+4);1;3)+WOCHENTAG(DATUM(JAHR(A8−WOCHENTAG(A8−1;2)+4);1;3);2)+5)÷7).

As a result the formula finds "1" as the number for tomorrows starting week (which would be fine for me).

But there is also the blue triangle with the hint "you removed the unit from duration". I guess this comes from the fact that the integer sums up two dates and a number).

Get rid of the blue triangles in numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.