Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to restore photos from External HD to iPhone 7. Keeps showing error

I have a new iPhone 7 (got it replaced as the old one had issues). I backed up my old iPhone 7's photos into an External Hard Disk. Now, when I am trying to restore (sync) these photos into my new iPhone 7, it keeps showing me this error message -

"The iPhone “X's iPhone” cannot be synced. The required folder cannot be found."

What can be done? Which folder cannot be found? How can I restore my photos into new iPhone 7.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 2:56 AM

There is something amiss here. Have you imported photos from iPhone to Photos app?

You cannot backup only Photos, you will have to backup entire iPhone. Similarly entore iPhone will be restored.

Probably you are referring to sync process which has nothing to do with the backup process.

Try troubleshoot using this --> Sync photos in iTunes on PC with devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 2:56 AM in response to utkarsh008

There is something amiss here. Have you imported photos from iPhone to Photos app?

You cannot backup only Photos, you will have to backup entire iPhone. Similarly entore iPhone will be restored.

Probably you are referring to sync process which has nothing to do with the backup process.

Try troubleshoot using this --> Sync photos in iTunes on PC with devices - Apple Support

Not able to restore photos from External HD to iPhone 7. Keeps showing error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.