Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music on iphone 5

Does anyone know if there is a way to download the apple music app onto an iphone 5? It says ios 10.12 is needed.

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 6:16 AM

Hi!

iPhone 5 latest OS on this phone is: iOS 10.0

For Apple Music you need iOS 10.0

Answer for your question: You can download it!

If you can't download it, check for updates: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Jan 4, 2021 12:51 AM in response to brunoju27

Thankyou, I was trying to download the wrong app.....I have downloaded it now. But now it won't allow me to enable icloud music library. I suspect, because the phone used to be mine, it is associating with my apple ID. I handed the phone down to my daughter so I created a new apple ID for the phone. When she tries to add a song to library, it asks to turn on icloud library and then to "Keep" or "delete and replace from icloud". Either option does not work.

When I try to turn on icloud music library in settings, it turns off a few seconds later.

Any ideas?

Thanks

apple music on iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.