Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download music ios 6

I have an Ipad original (the first one) in perfect condition, and I would love to use it to play relaxing songs for my son during the night. I have Apple Music on my phone, but I didn’t get how to use it on Ipad. Thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 7:11 AM

If you have the 2010, 1st gen iPad that iPad model maxes out at iOS 5.1.1 and NOT iOS 6.

That iPad is too old now and there are NO more compatible apps for an over 10-year old iPad, any longer.

Third party app developers completely abandoned this iPad model in late 2015 into 2016.

The ONLY way to get music into that iPad now is to use a full computer with any version of the iTunes application for Mac or Windows PC installed on it on it to rip/convert audio/music CDs through iTunes to mp3 format or one of Apple's own audio formats and connect that iPad to the computer and sync the ripped and saved music in iTunes to that iPad.

You will need a Mac or Windows PC with an internal or external optical disc reader/burner to be able to read and convert audio/music CDs

That is the ONLY way to put music inside of that iPad, now.

Same to get other data into that very old iPad, now.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 7:11 AM in response to jackeline83

If you have the 2010, 1st gen iPad that iPad model maxes out at iOS 5.1.1 and NOT iOS 6.

That iPad is too old now and there are NO more compatible apps for an over 10-year old iPad, any longer.

Third party app developers completely abandoned this iPad model in late 2015 into 2016.

The ONLY way to get music into that iPad now is to use a full computer with any version of the iTunes application for Mac or Windows PC installed on it on it to rip/convert audio/music CDs through iTunes to mp3 format or one of Apple's own audio formats and connect that iPad to the computer and sync the ripped and saved music in iTunes to that iPad.

You will need a Mac or Windows PC with an internal or external optical disc reader/burner to be able to read and convert audio/music CDs

That is the ONLY way to put music inside of that iPad, now.

Same to get other data into that very old iPad, now.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

How to download music ios 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.