Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo's on IP12Pro Max not syncing to MacBook Pro?

I do NOT use iCloud so please do NOT give suggestions pertaining to iCloud.

Before just having wifi was enough as long as you were connected to your home wifi the photo's you took on your phone would eventually sync & download to your computer whether it be a MacBook or iMac Desktop. Shouldn't this still be the case without having to use iCloud at all??

I'm noticing even when I cable connect my Pro Max to my MacBook it still doesn't transfer photo's from the phone to my MacBook??

What's going on & do I truly need iCloud now just to have photo's sync while in my home under my own wifi??? I understand that if I'm away from my home icloud would be necessary to sync each device to mirror each other but why did it stop on wifi?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:17 PM

Hey there ibroker,

We'd like to help answer your questions as best we can. Currently, you'll need to set up iCloud in order to sync photos wirelessly from your iPhone to your Mac.

Using iCloud Photos has the added benefit of edits made on one device syncing across all devices with iCloud Photos enabled, along with keeping them in iCloud as opposed to on your devices. You can download any photos you'd like to view while not connected to the internet, even with iCloud Photos enabled.

If you'd prefer to sync photos manually, you'll want to follow the steps under the section 'Import to your Mac' here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Here's the link to the Product Feedback link for Apple in case you'd like to submit your own about how this works.

Have a good one!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 3:17 PM in response to ibroker

Hey there ibroker,

We'd like to help answer your questions as best we can. Currently, you'll need to set up iCloud in order to sync photos wirelessly from your iPhone to your Mac.

Using iCloud Photos has the added benefit of edits made on one device syncing across all devices with iCloud Photos enabled, along with keeping them in iCloud as opposed to on your devices. You can download any photos you'd like to view while not connected to the internet, even with iCloud Photos enabled.

If you'd prefer to sync photos manually, you'll want to follow the steps under the section 'Import to your Mac' here: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Here's the link to the Product Feedback link for Apple in case you'd like to submit your own about how this works.

Have a good one!

Photo's on IP12Pro Max not syncing to MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.