Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store does not accept my password although it is correct

I'm trying for days to update some apps on my iPhone but I cannot do so as I constantly get a message " Verification failed: Your Apple ID or password is incorrect". I have tried changing the password several times and it works when I sign out and in again both in the Apple ID section and in the iTunes & App Store. I also tried restarting the phone after signing out and in but it didn't help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 5:40 PM

Hey renos247,

We understand that you're not able to update your apps due to an alert saying your Apple ID password is incorrect. We want to help as it's important to stay updated. When you're prompted to enter your Apple ID information, is it prompting for a different Apple ID than you're currently using? If an app was installed using a different Apple ID, you will need to enter that information to update the app.

The following guide may also help: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 5:40 PM in response to renos247

Hey renos247,

We understand that you're not able to update your apps due to an alert saying your Apple ID password is incorrect. We want to help as it's important to stay updated. When you're prompted to enter your Apple ID information, is it prompting for a different Apple ID than you're currently using? If an app was installed using a different Apple ID, you will need to enter that information to update the app.

The following guide may also help: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

App store does not accept my password although it is correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.