Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Associate one Apple ID with another and create one login

I've been a Mac user from the beginning, so someone please tell me why won't apple just fix the problem they created with apple IDs? Sure some of the workarounds address a few needs, but each time they create new problems and make everything just more convoluted.

It is NOT impossible to just "associate" one ID with another, attribute all the emails from one to the other. Then create one login. Done.

I'm no idiot. It can be done.

So what is Apples beef with helping out their longest supporters? It's a bad taste in my mouth every time I have to work with my Apple ID simply because I followed Apple's instructions to setup a new ME email back in the day. It's a reminder to not trust Apple, and that their new ideas are often not good ones.

Why won't they address, admit or fix the problem they created? Anyone know? Please answer!

I've been looking for the answer to this question for 5 years now... and the problem persists every time I need to upgrade or change something over.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 7:19 AM

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback          

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 7:19 AM in response to vjah

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback          

Jan 4, 2021 7:01 AM in response to vjah

There's no problem. You created the problem yourself.

You do not need more than one Apple ID for all your devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Watch, TV,....)

Sames as it real life, you don't need someone else having your name (ID), do you?

FYI: Content from one Apple ID cannot be merged, associated or transferred to another Apple ID since the beginning.

Associate one Apple ID with another and create one login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.