Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has the iTunes backup location or workflow changed?

I had a strange issue today when I wanted to create a new backup of my iPhone on a new laptop. On the old laptop the backup location could be actually found in "C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\" as described in [1]. But apparently some things have changed, although the backup was successful there's no such folder "MobileSync". I see only these 5 folders:

• iTunes
  • Logs
  • Preferences
  • SyncNotifier
  • SyncServices

And the only folder containing a significant amount of data is "iTunes" with the downloaded iOS 14.3 update with a size of 4.23 GB (I wanted to update it via iTunes). However, the iPhone recovery worked well because the update had failed and I actually had to restore it. This went a little different than before, I believe. After the OS had been restored all the apps seemed to be downloaded again, none of them were on the phone. Is that true? And if the folders "MobileSync\Backup" don't exist anymore is it sufficient to just backup the folder "...\Roaming\AppleComputer" in order to have a working backup of my computer's hard drive?

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

[1] https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT204215

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 8:28 AM

The location should be here if iTunes was downloaded from apple.com:

%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

If you've installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store it should be here:

%UserProfile%\Apple\MobileSync\Backup

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

Has the iTunes backup location or workflow changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.