Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes will not back up my iphone

I have tried everything! I recently restarted my iMac with a new OS load, now iTunes will not back up my mobile devices. There is no backups currently under preferences but yet it says backup is damaged, corrupt. The mobilesync folder seems to be missing, I tried to manually but it back but no look......what should I do to get iTunes to generate a backup?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 11:16 AM

What folder not to be seen?

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at bootup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 10, 2019 11:32 AM in response to BDAqua

Ok tried safe boot still wouldn't back up...I right clicked on the window in iTunes that should show backups and clicked show in finder...would not go. There is a backup folder under /Library/Application Support/MobileSync...but iTunes doesn't seem like it knows where that is. So it won't back anything up? just tells me to delete old backups because corrupt, there arnt any.

Itunes will not back up my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.