Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes on windows 10 is not keeping my backups

Greetings. I wish I didn't have to be here to bother people but I have no where else to turn to so here I am. Lately when I back my iPhone and iPad to my computer through iTunes I've been having problems. Not with the actual backing up, but with the resulting backups disappearing on me. You see I make the backups it goes without a hitch. When I open iTunes next time however and I go to the Device tab there is no backup it's like it was never made and this is for both the iPhone and iPad backups. This is problematic because because I would like to upgrade both inevitable given the phone is an XS Max and the iPad is a 6th Generation iPad. Needless to say not having a backup will make things nightmarish. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd greatly appreciate them.

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 7:42 AM

Hi!

This is my first time hearing this issue.

Have you tried to check the backup folder from your computer?

1. Find the Search bar:
    • In Windows 7, click Start. 
    • In Windows 8, click the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner.
    • In Windows 10, click the Search bar next to the Start button.
  1. In the Search bar, enter %appdata%. If you don’t see your backups, enter %USERPROFILE%.
  2. Press Return.
  3. Double-click these folders: "Apple" or "Apple Computer" > MobileSync > Backup.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 7:42 AM in response to dylanfromwestwego

Hi!

This is my first time hearing this issue.

Have you tried to check the backup folder from your computer?

1. Find the Search bar:
    • In Windows 7, click Start. 
    • In Windows 8, click the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner.
    • In Windows 10, click the Search bar next to the Start button.
  1. In the Search bar, enter %appdata%. If you don’t see your backups, enter %USERPROFILE%.
  2. Press Return.
  3. Double-click these folders: "Apple" or "Apple Computer" > MobileSync > Backup.

Jun 7, 2021 6:41 AM in response to ynmn

Sorry it took me so long to get back I just opened up iTunes today you see but the thing is in doing so I might have figured out my problem. I say that because imagine my surprise when as soon as iTunes opened (with iPhone connected of course) it automatically began backing it up. Turns out in the options the option to automatically sync when this iPhone is connected was checked on. So probably what happened was it was actually making backups without me realizing it but I closed iTunes before it could finish and thus no backup at all. After this backup I'll uncheck that option and see if it sticks this time. Can't believe I didn't think to consider that. Thank you for responding though it means a great deal to me.

itunes on windows 10 is not keeping my backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.