Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.11.0.26, Windows 10, iPhone 12 - Your iPhone has not been backed up to this PC

I have backed up my iPhone 12 (iOS 14.2.2) with an older PC, successfully various times until recently, when I started getting a "Your iPhone has not been backed up to this PC" message even with no error messages and completing the backup.

I just set up a new PC and tried backing up my iPhone 12 with the latest iOS 14.2.2 and the newest iTunes version !2.11.0.26)

When I backup my device, it saves the backup exactly as it is supposed to, in exactly the folder that it is supposed to and I can see the file, but iTunes can't seem to find it there, and after every "successful" backup, I get the same "Your iPhone has never been backed up to this computer" message.

I have read several threads here but I have not been able to find a suitable solution.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 11:31 AM

Do you have any third party anti-virus software? If so you could try temporarily disabling it next time you try to backup to see if that helps.

You can try right-clicking on the iTunes shortcut and using Run as Administrator to see if that lets iTunes properly update things after completing the backup.

I would suggest you also backup to iCloud so you have options should you find yourself unable to restore from your computer.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2021 11:31 AM in response to hazel_a_e

Do you have any third party anti-virus software? If so you could try temporarily disabling it next time you try to backup to see if that helps.

You can try right-clicking on the iTunes shortcut and using Run as Administrator to see if that lets iTunes properly update things after completing the backup.

I would suggest you also backup to iCloud so you have options should you find yourself unable to restore from your computer.

tt2

iTunes 12.11.0.26, Windows 10, iPhone 12 - Your iPhone has not been backed up to this PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.