Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting problems with phone and Ipad. It is either very slow to go online or says the server cannot connect or times out. This is a new problem that began in the last two weeks.

In the past week or so my iPhone 7+ and iPad Air 2, have had connecting problems. I am either getting extremely long connection waits [ minutes and minutes } or messages such as the server could not respond or was not found. Prior to this I really didn't have any real problems, my wifi was ok not great.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 9:12 AM

If you are experiencing this on both devices, check your wi-fi network. First off try rebooting your router. Disconnect it from power for about 30 seconds, then reconnect. After it has finished restarting and connecting, connect your devices again and check. You can also use an app like Speedtest that will check your internet speeds.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 9:12 AM in response to 61pugmaster

If you are experiencing this on both devices, check your wi-fi network. First off try rebooting your router. Disconnect it from power for about 30 seconds, then reconnect. After it has finished restarting and connecting, connect your devices again and check. You can also use an app like Speedtest that will check your internet speeds.

Connecting problems with phone and Ipad. It is either very slow to go online or says the server cannot connect or times out. This is a new problem that began in the last two weeks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.