Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do some text messages reduce in font and turn blue?

What’s going on with the text messages? Check out the image and see the blue box at the bottom of it. It repeats a previous message. It also does it from the person who is writing. The font gets small and turns grey. If I click on that little box, it only opens that message and a few replies. Strange thing is it isn’t part of a thread. It’s random. How do I stop this?

i have an iPhone 12, but it isn’t an option for devices below. Same problem happened on my XR, so I chose that device.

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 3:45 PM

Hey there ProfesoraM,

We understand you have a question about a repeated message in a smaller font on your iPhone 12, and we'd like to share some information that can help.

This occurs when someone replies to a specific message in the conversation history. Learn more about this feature here: Reply to specific messages on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 3:45 PM in response to ProfesoraM

Hey there ProfesoraM,

We understand you have a question about a repeated message in a smaller font on your iPhone 12, and we'd like to share some information that can help.

This occurs when someone replies to a specific message in the conversation history. Learn more about this feature here: Reply to specific messages on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Why do some text messages reduce in font and turn blue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.